Shifting Perspective


"Owning our story and loving ourselves through the process is the bravest thing we'll ever do."
- Brene Brown


Does it spark joy?

Yes, I have gotten on the "life-changing magic of tidying up" bandwagon. It feels good. Typically, I subconsciously (mostly consciously) go against the grain, unless it is logical, reasonable and/or sits well with me. The Konmari method clicked.

I have gone through the first three categories since the beginning of June. I feel freer, not bogged down by stuff. And there have been other changes and purges. One being social media venues - the Facebook distraction is now gone. Perhaps, I should have waited until the very end of process. Yet, it just felt right because it was no longer sparking joy.

August is a big month for me, birthday and an anniversary. Lammas, the harvest, also occurs in August. I intend to harvest the experiences of my hard work over the past few years. Abundance and rooted in abundance are my guiding word and phrase for the year. So, what is it that will spark joy for me? What is it that I wish to harvest?

Meaning. My life needs more meaning, less distractions. In a way, I am circling back to my intentions from the summer of 2012. Meaningful vocabulary was key that year. Finding more meaning in my life lead me to Ohio and to W and to SH.

Another shift in perspective is enjoying experiences which bring joy:

- Hanging out with SH, because is totally Zen and such a super cool baby.
- Reiki. Teaching Usui Reiki classes deepens my purpose and expands my peace.
- Cultivating plants (always!)
- Spending time outside (all the time would be perfect.)
- Creativity and originality (my top strength) - on varying levels - science, programming, crafts, etc.
- Building foundations.

Every moment is a process of release and shift. The ego tries to hold on. One has to dig deep, go through the whining, the outrage, the stubbornness until finally submits itself to the new ideal. Each time may get easier or harder. It all depends on how much gunk is stuck in each perspective.

There is hard work ahead, but amazing opportunities are on the horizon to start again and again and again...


"May a new perspective lead to new ideas."
- Maynard H. Murch V

With peace and light,

No comments