Begin Again

Wild geranium, Geranium maculatum


Wood Sorrel, Oxalis acetosella

Giant millipede, Narceus americanus

Jewelweed, Impatiens capensis, on nurse log

I have truly missed blogging for blogging's sake. To share. To tell stories. To take pictures. To journal. 

It was around this time last year that I tried another platform and blog, and it just did not stick. Since I moved away from my "present moment" blogging, the blog world has not felt right. Time to begin again...

Forest Paths intention is that "present moment" storytelling, and not just about forests, but about the journey of life. I also realized that there were two other people, that have been an important part of my journey, that should be in on the sharing. My sisters are incredibly talented and have wonderfully unique experiences to tell via writing and photos. We each started our paths, as I like to say, traipsing through the woods of Western Pennsylvania. Forest Paths is a collaborative effort and experiment between the three of us, that in and of itself should be an amazing journey!

Speaking of forests, I don't know why, but each time I enter a forest I am in awe of how it rejuvenates me. This past Monday, W, SH and I hopped over the border to Pennsylvania to McConnells Mills State Park. I have been there several times before, however the coolness and greenness stimulated all of my senses during this adventure. Plus, there were giant millipedes everywhere! The late spring ephemerals were in bloom - familiar flower friends, whom I have not seen in years - putting on a show.

SH is such an awesome kid, he is absolutely at home in nature. He simply enjoys observing it all as we hike. He touches the moss, lets the tree bark tickle his feet, and this time he dipped his toes in a small waterfall. Sometimes on hikes he is silent, others he babbles - maybe to the trees or maybe to us. On this hike, he was quiet for most of the time until he took a 20 minute power nap, then he just wanted to tell us about all that he was seeing (we think). I am grateful to be able to expose him to these explorations as such an early age. He, too, is starting out on a forest path.

When that forest path reaches up to meet me, I feel at peace and ready for anything. Each time, I begin again.

With peace and light,

1 comment

  1. I'm glad you are back to traditional blogging. I missed it too. no purpose just sharing stories type blogging... looking forward to what you have to share... xoxo

    ReplyDelete