Invoking Artemis


Leading up to summer solstice, I have been feeling a push in my gut to focus on higher Self, creativity, and power. It is no wonder, as the full moon will be in Sagittarius during the solstice. I know that this summer is meant to be a powerful one, where I will step further into being a catalyst for positive change. 

In order to proceed, I must invoke Artemis, the goddess of the hunt. I feel that the archetypes are all within us and step forward at different times, seasons and even days during our life. We can call upon them as needed. The typical maiden, mother and crone archetypes are prominent for women, especially looking at our life cycle. I have sensed more of Gaia being instilled in me since becoming a mother, but Artemis has been with me for my whole life.

Artemis is a warrior goddess, like Eris and Athena, however she uses stealth not brute force. She is focused - the bow and arrow are two of her symbols (just like Sagittarius). She has a quiet, feminine power activating the sacral chakra. And she is the twin of Apollo, god of the sun, so I know that she also activates the solar plexus, our power center. She gets things done, in a logical and thorough manner. 

Invoking these attributes, I intend to distill bad habits, break through toxins and purge on a physical level (including material goods), but also emotionally, mentally and spiritually. I am taking back my power - focus on self-promotion as the teacher I am in Reiki and with plants. Focus on doing what I love, which is teaching, but also being outside hiking or digging in the earth. 

I intend to proceed with major healing of the sacral chakra and abundance. I have not forgotten that my phrase of the year is Rooted in Abundance. Release of the stress and weight of fear that occurred at the beginning of the year is already being processed and will be cleared. 

The invocation also includes other guides. In this instance, and always, is Mountain lion, now partnered with Black panther. A balance between light and dark, sun and moon, masculine and feminine energies. I am forever balancing (my life path number is 8). Also coming along for the journey are Red-tailed hawk, vision and the higher plane, and Rose, beauty and healing.

Stepping onto the warrior goddess path for the season, I intend to walk with power and creativity for my highest Self, for those I love and for my life's work.

With peace and light,

No comments